Sunday, November 10, 2013

Festoons...

 
"Festoons"...Is that not the coolest name for a necklace? Victorians loved their festoons, and so do I!!!  That is why I have started a line of them to debut in my Etsy shop early this evening. I just love their drapey, flowy/showy, dainty appearance and have really been digging into this 1800's style of jewelry design as of late. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines a festoon as follows...
 
"A long chain or strip of something that is hung as a decoration;
a decorative chain or strip hanging between two points;
to cover or decorate with many small objects"
 
 
Here is a little taste of my newest line of Festoons...
 


























 
All of these pieces coming tonight...and more to come in the following days. I have so many ideas swirling in my head involving this cool old Victorian style of jewelry. See you soon with more vintage swoon.


3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love that your necklaces are as beautiful in the front as they are in the back! These are simply dreamy!!

Sea Witch said...

You had me at the word, Festoons. Have a passion for this period of jewelry and your pieces are truly beautiful.

Jenny Watson Blogs said...

These are looking mind blowing thanks for the sharing, I would like to say there are many online Jewelry Stores Brooklyn and you must try these jewelries at the best one, I am sure you will get good response from there.Thanks