Sunday, February 16, 2014

Getting Organized...


You know how one project always leads to about 20 or so more? Well that's what I got into this past week when my new sewing table arrived! Oh my Lord, organizing the corner for my new sewing spot led me to the week long project of organizing the other 3 corners in my little and very crowded art room....here's a peek at how far I got...


...and of course, then my shipping department had to be re-worked...


Oh happy joy! I can finally see my shipping table again...it has been so cluttered for the past few months and it is so nice to be able to use it again....



...and then that led me over to my 'bling' corner....


all sparkly things finally got corralled into one spot....



...and hat boxes were organized with lots of vintage goodies. (I'll give you a peek inside of them on another post)....



...sewing notions were sorted and "contained"....


...and here's something a little humorous....


....a clean and organized sewing drawer! It won't be like that for long. I'm sure by next week, I will not be able to get it closed...lol.


And, throughout all the organizing hoopla I was able to get a few very special pieces created this past week....












...they will be in my Etsy shop this evening, come and see more pictures of them there!
Oh, and expect some new sewn textile pieces in the coming days! Can't wait to get my old Singer humming again. See you back here real soon. Happy Sunday to you all!!!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh how exciting! I don't remember ever getting a glimpse of your studio. I adore your sewing table, it's perfection! You will love having a corner of your own to sew away!

A Bit of Colour said...

Thanks for the tour of your studio. Love your desk and am drooling at the rhinestone treasures in your treasure box! Once again you have done some beautiful work! The aqua piece looks especially lovely!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for the tour of your creative work space - would love one like that. Of course the "bling" corner would be my favorite. :D

Unknown said...

love the vintage sewing machine. she's a beauty! it's always refreshing to rearrange but indeed...it never stays that way for long. right? i'm with you mon amie. and your "stash" of bling....swoon-worthy collection there! must be so very hard to part with it! can't wait to see your "latest" creations (and a peek inside those hat boxes!!!) tee. hee ;)

Robin Johnson said...

Just "peaking" at all of your whosetts & whatsits galore was torture for a vintage jewelry junkee! So, when's the next one????