Sunday, July 6, 2014

Summertime FUN....


Happy summer everyone, hope you all are finding time to celebrate this fun time of the year with your family and friends! Isn't that what summer is all about...family, fun, and friends? As for me and the hubby, this has  been the very first summer in 15 years that we have been able to take a little extra time off and enjoy all of the regular summertime festivities. We have always had to work every major summer holiday, because we have worked in the tourist hospitality business for the main majority of our careers.

My summer,so far, has been full of fun and relaxation....and is, so far, such a memorable one for the record books! We have been doing some motorcycle riding with friends through the mountains....



Visiting some beautiful places like this waterfall...





These falls called "Dry Falls" (love the name), were so large you could walk completely underneath them.
You can find this beautiful place in the Nantahala National Forest which runs through parts of Tennessee and North Carolina....



My husband and his best friend standing under the falls...





We also hung out with some chickens...(exciting)



Fed some snails (really exciting)....(you see what I mean by getting some relaxation?)....



Went to a friend's beautiful outdoor wedding....



Here's the beautiful bride and her handsome groom...
(that's birdseed being thrown at them as they walk down the aisle)








...oh yeah,  and we did this crazy thing....


Whitewater rafting down the Pigeon River!!!! Gasp! I didn't know it was going to be this wild! The hubby tricked me and told me it was the low key family floating adventure. 
It turned out to be such a blast! That's my husband, Shannon, in the front on the left side and myself sitting just behind him.
 I can't believe I'm smiling through it.....



...And we're watching a lot of sunsets!
The sunsets up here in the mountains just don't ever get old....


Love, love, love this BEAUTIFUL place!!!!

Hope your summer is being filled with beautiful, fun moments with dear friends and family too!
Would love to hear what you all are up to. Feel free to leave a comment below and share your summer fun stories with me.

4 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds and looks like you and your husband are enjoying a very well deserved relaxing Summer. What a beautiful place to relax. Count me out on the white water ride - turned those down even when I was young and brave. LOL
Congrats to the newly weds - wishing them a life time of happiness together.
Nothing exciting here - changed plans for the weekend and don't regret doing so.:)

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are having a fabulous time. I would love to see those falls in person!

Gigi @ Old World Patina

Unknown said...

The falls are incredible,they remind me of the falls in the movie "Last of the Mohicans",it must have been so cool to be under such a powerful source.
Love your posts!

Christine Wallace said...

Thank you ladies for your lovely comments on my happy summer place! Gigi, the falls are just stunning in person! Hannah, the "Last of the Mohicans" (great movie, by the way) was filmed here in this area. And, I will have to do some research to see if those falls were used in the actual film. They sure are majestic enough to be a movie set. Thanks for stopping by, hope you all are having a great summer!

Christine