Saturday, December 18, 2010

Taking Time To Smell the Flowers...

I'm apologizing to all of my blogger friends out there for not being more efficient in my posting for the past week, but one of my closest inspirations passed away this week. At the beautiful age of 83, my grandmother and a living legend in all of her family and friend's hearts and minds went to be in eternal peace. I loved her so much, she is truly where I found my love and passion for jewelry. She absolutely LOVED jewelry! She was as crazy about it as I was, and every time I saw her, I would try and bring her something that I made for her. On her last day, she was wearing a pair of earrings that I had made for her. She was the most special person and I will greatly miss her beautiful presence in my life. I am dedicating this blog post and writing this in her honor, and just reminding myself that nothing matters more in life (not blogging, jewelry making, cooking dinner, doing the laundry, etc.) than spending time and making special moments with people that you love here on earth while they are here. So my New Year's resolution for next year and the future years to come is to make time for the people that matter while they are here. Life is fleeting, so we must take and make time to "stop and smell the flowers" that life places on our path! Here is my beautiful grandmother,

I LOVE YOU MONNA....



2 comments:

Christine H. said...

My heart goes out to you. What a lovely lady she was.

Trishia said...

Christine, my momma died on Dec. 19 three years ago. I understand your loss. Hugs to you!