Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's All About the Earrings...

As of late I have been on a huge earring kick. You would think after Christmas I would have had enough of shiny little baubles for a while, but oh Nooooooo, not jewelry crazed me! Here are some new earrings I have designed over the past few days, most of which you will currently find at Etsy...

"Chevaliers of Notre Dame"...
I draped old vintage chains and rhinestones from old Chevaliers of Notre Dame medals. The Chevaliers are  a  religious order founded in Europe in the Middle Ages that perform religious ceremonies for their parishioners and royalty.



"Pearl and Glass Cabachon Cross" Earrings...
I have been so enthralled with the Showtime series 'The Tudor's'  lately. The costumes and the jewels in that fabulous series are STUNNING!!! (to say the least). These earrings were inspired by that show with their elegant reverse painted crosses underneath glass and large creamy pearl briolettes.

"Rhinestone Briolette Earrings"...
I found the most gorgeous Chrysoprase faceted briolettes to take center stage in these really pretty babies.


"Gypsy Chandelier Earrings"...
Fun, Fun, Fun Earrings!!!





"April Showers...Brings May Flowers" earrings, are definitely my favorites! The old Victorian filigree components on this pair of earrings creates alot of movement and in my eyes, reminds me of rain. The tiny little tassels create the perfect little accent for the hand carved mother of pearl roses that dangle
off of the bottom...


"St. Adele" earrings are another fortunate example of being lucky enough to find two matching vintage medals
of the 7th century saint who won every one's heart with her compassion.


The "Floating Sparrow" earrings are really neat, sweet little earrings because the vintage sparrow floats around the sparkly rhinestones like a little mini-mobile for the ears...






5 comments:

Christine H. said...

All beautiful and unique, but those rhinestone briolette earrings are amazing.

Cool Schmool said...

i love you!

lorraine said...

Christine, I can hardly wait to see what you design with your new treasures. I am confidant that every design will be totally fabulous...creativity begets more creativity!.....Avanti!
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... such sweet and delicate earrings!
I love them all!
Lin

S.B. said...

Christine,
It is so nice to see the workmanship behind your wonderful designs. I especially love the Floating Sparrows earrings and the April Showers. But I love it all!♥
Stephanie B.
SWV