Sunday, December 4, 2011

Things Are Lookin' Up...

Things are looking up around here at the Wallace household. My hubby is feeling a lot better after a couple of weeks of being under the weather and.... I have had a huge jump start on my Christmas shopping this year. Usually every year I am scrambling around at the last minute, but not this year. Actually, I am almost done with the shopping, thanks to an all-day shopping extravaganza with my talented jewelry making friend, Mary Kay. We actually took the day yesterday and went to a local bead show, several little craft fairs and did a little antiquing. And wow did we SCORE!!!!
The little hand-felted animal thing a ma jing above was the most adorable score of the day. Look for the lady that created this cutie pie on Etsy in the future. Her name is Darlene Samuel, and she also teaches classes on how to do this cool sculptural art.

I also scored these sweet folk art pieces handmade from vintage quilts. I absolutely fell in love with that pillow and it's message. The hearts below were cut from old vintage quilts and are now coasters. How smart is that????


We took the rest of the afternoon and went to our neighboring town of Pensacola and visited our local bead society's craft and bead show....




the show was held in this really old church....

You know your going to find some good stuff when something is held at an old, old church that looks like this! LOL

I was delighted to find my friends Bill and Steve were hired to entertain us as we shopped...

They sounded great too!!!




Ooooooh and I found these for some future designs....

Mammoth Ivory!!! Hand carved and millions of years old! No animals were hurt in the making of these little delicate pieces, because this ivory is found in very northern regions of the planet, has been buried for millions of years and are a natural outcome of evolution.

...and my favorite find of the day...

...these heavenly Victorian mourning pieces.

Wowza!!! Huh?!

Hope you are all getting your shopping and Christmas plans underway! Remember, to check out your local craft fairs if you are stumped on what to give. There are some fabulously talented artists out there creating some beautiful  and one of a kind artwork. Saw it with my own eyes yesterday and wanted one of everything. Hee hee.
Take Care my friends and see you back here next time!

1 comment:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks like you had a successful day of shopping. I shopped yesterday, but for necessary things, not treasures or fun stuff. :D