Saturday, May 12, 2012

Victorian Jewels...


I wanted to share with you today my serious love for Victorian jewelry. I have been collecting little bits of Victorian treasures now for years and I just love to use these little antique trinkets in my designs. The Victorians attention to detail has never ceased to amaze me, and their dedication to elegant and intricate designs have made me a devoted and lifetime admirer of that time period. It is... no doubt, hands down, my favorite era of jewelry design and I just cannot ever seem to get enough of it. Here are just a few pieces from my stash of beloved Victorian trinkets...
















I also wanted to show you the most exquisite little package I received in the mail yesterday....



...a little and beautifully decorated box of bezels filled with the sweetest, vintage images. Rhonda, from "A Little Bit French" blog made them and sent them my way and I was 'beyond the moon' impressed with her package just overflowing with loveliness. Just look at the gorgeous images that were part of the wrapping....



Thank you sweet Rhonda! Your attention to detail is truly Impeccable!




...and I have managed to sneak in a few more pair of earrings this week, all coming to my Etsy shop later tonight and tomorrow...


...vintage sterling, fleur crowns and gemstones.



.


...glowy, Victorian filigree cameos with vintage gold French ear wires...




...vintage sterling French souvenir landmark panels accented 
with Victorian mother of pearl briolettes...





...and sweet marcasite Deco birds carrying little keys and vintage enamel holy medals...


Au Revoir friends...have a beautiful weekend and see you back here soon!

5 comments:

Honey from the Bee said...

Okay... now I need a towel. : ) Seriously fun and beautiful trinkets you have... I too love the intricacy of Victorian items. Everything was always over the top or the adage: more is more. You've found some real treasures there. I'm off to check out A Little Bit French, as those bezels and packaging are divine. Thanks for sharing!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I laughed when I read Janet's comment, because I was just going to type that I think I just drooled on the keyboard. :-D
I had planned to work on some pendants today and ran into a problem drilling holes - so frustrating. Have a great day tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE anything Victorian and you have some real beauties. Can't wait to see what you create...

Have a great weekend!

Theresa

lorraine said...

Ditto what Janet said!

courtney said...

Pure loveliness, as always. Thanks for sharing the link to the other blog, too -- what a gorgeous package!