Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Tiny Messenger...

Remember my "Tiny Messenger" I was talking about last post???



Well here she is in all her vintage cuteness...

It's little Miss May... a sweet little European toddler with her sterling and mother of pearl Victorian toy...


That's her little poem below from an original 1911 floral magazine... 


...and she's a sweet little keeper of your jewelry...


You can read more about little Miss May and her one of a kind vintage assembled jewelry box tonight at Etsy...

...along with these...









...all that glitters coming to Etsy tonight...



...I just love how these little birds lift off in flight from their beautiful bronze cross...


One more reminder about my necklace giveaway... Leave a comment anywhere on my blog to be put in the drawing! I will be choosing a winner this Friday. Good luck to you all and thank you for stopping by to see what I have been up to! Have a beautiful week!!!!

9 comments:

Howlerpost said...

Hi Christine, Just back from our vacation in your neck of the woods! I loved Antiques on Holiday and wanted to bring home everything. I have so wanted a pearl necklace on string and when I saw them in your case there, I had to get one! Haven't taken it off. Extra special that I know you made it. Thanks.

Christine H. said...

I've already won previously, so if you happen to pick my name again, be sure to throw it back in and give someone else a chance. But I did want to comment on how beautiful that jewelry box is. Simply beautiful.

P.S. As I may have mentioned, it is thanks to you that I got my ears re-pierced. It had been so many years since I had worn earrings, but when I won those beautiful ones from you I knew I had to take the plunge so I could wear them.

Kathy Barrick said...

Amazing, gorgeous treasures! Both tiny and not so tiny!!

Kathy

Christine Wallace said...

Much LOVE to you ladies who always have the kindest of words to say about my work. Your comments add fuel to my fire and I thank you so much for that inspiration.
Christine,
I am so honored that you just had your ears pierced so you could wear MY jewelry. I hope you will find years of enjoyment from your new earrings! Kathy, maybe you will do it next, perhaps??

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Always love seeing your works of art. My daughter has a mother of pearl ring with a silver bell very similar to that one. Her's is not an antique - guess it could be considered vintage, but won't tell her that.:-D It was given to her when she was born.

Fresh Garden said...

Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful!

lorraine said...

Christine...love the cross with the birds....Delightful!

Howlerpost said...

Cristine, will the cross with the birds be on sale at ETSY?

Tracey said...

I've been trying for a few days to post, so I hope this works tonight! Love the jewelry box, my grandfather gave me a similar box, now you've inspired me to decorate the inside with beautiful photos of my grandparents on their wedding day. Love all you creations!
Tracey