Sunday, July 14, 2013

Victorian Symbolism...



 
 This past week has been a crazy one! The hubby and I have been getting all of our 'ducks in a row' to go and close on our little slice of Heaven in the mountains. But in the middle of getting ready to fly off to my "happy place".....

 











 ...I did manage to create a few old coral pieces for the shop this coming week. My last batch of coral designs went so fast, that I have decided to make just a few more pieces before the summertime coral craze slips into the sunset....
 
 

I love this bracelet I finished this past week using old Victorian coral pieces that I hand-wired onto an old brass filigree brooch piece...
 

There's lots of Victorian symbolism in all of my new coral designs which makes them all the more special. In Victorian times, the Star symbolized spirit and guidance....Coral symbolized protection from evil, especially when worn by a child. And the Key symbolized entering into Heaven or your heart....


 
...Pearls symbolized teardrops....

 
 
...Birds symbolized returning home, whether it be Heaven or on earth...
 

 
...and Laurel sprigs represented triumph or peace.
 
 
 
I also have a couple new bracelets coming this week too...







 
I will be listing these newest pieces when I return from the mountains towards the end of the week. I will, however be taking reserves on them until I return home. You can email me here if you are interested:
 
Have a great week everyone. I will be back mid week to share pictures of our new little piece of Heaven in the mountains!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh i loved learning all about the "symbolism" in jewelry pieces. merci...merci! (have fun in the mountains!)

Amy Huff said...

The mountain pics are lovely as are all the pieces. I think the bird earrings may have to be the favorite!

Rhonda said...

AMAZING, Christine. Love that bracelet more than you will ever know. Off to check your shop.