Sunday, July 30, 2017

Gem Show Mania...


Hi guys....so sorry to be running behind blog schedule today, but I had an overload of computer issues this morning. I am finally back up and running and happy to blog-report that I am still enjoying the 'dog days' of summer. But there was one event that happened this week that still has me in a jewelry head-spinning "tizzy"...and that was this huge bead and gemstone extravaganza that took place in the next mountain town over. And when I say extravaganza, I mean it! It was one of those huge shows that retail store owners and lapidary artists attend from all over the southeast. It was mind blowingly awesome!!!

I've also been so enjoying nature walks up the side of our mountain hideaway with my little darling Penny...


...and breathing the mountain air from my porch. The weather has been amazing the last few days...sunny and in the 70's...so much more amazing than hot and humid Florida temps.


Okay now back to the gem show...
here is just a small portion of some of my finds from the show...











the show was so big, it spilled over from the auditorium into tents set up in the parking lot. Crazy right?



I found some gorgeous horn pieces from Nepal...



...And some beautiful small slabs of  Dendtritic Agate...






These are gonna be gorgeous as settings in rings and old vintage prong set framed pendants.

Also found....Fun rings made of  horn that I will be offering up next weekend. Some will be embellished and some I have other design plans for...Stay tuned!





And today's shop offerings. Embellished horn cuffs with vintage and antique findings...



....I really love the combination of natural contemporary horn with vintage and antique elements!


Come see more photos of these later this afternoon in my Etsy shop.
Be back soon with new fresh creations from the gem show treasures.




2 comments:

vvsilverpalace said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful information.
acpl jewellery

nancy john said...

The first ring that I bought with my own money is a ring set with marquise rubies alternate with brilliant diamonds on a gold band. 

Diamond Jewellery