Sunday, February 6, 2011

One Day Getaway...


Well finally, the hubby and I were able to take a break during the week and drive over to Mobile, Alabama for the night. We went for the sensational and fabulous Cirque Du Soleil show "Drallion". And it absolutely did not disappoint! This was the second Cirque show I had seen and it was a feast for the eyes!!! The art direction behind all of their shows is the best of the best and if you ever have a chance to go see one of these incredible shows, go and see it!!
We stayed at a really nice little boutique hotel and the picture below was their top floor lounge. Sooo Gorgeous, I loved the decor! I know the people working there must have thought I didn't 'get out much' to be taking pictures of their everyday bar, and they were right, I was hypnotized by the lights and just had to break out the camera...
 
the beautiful view over Mobile Bay and luckily this was the same view from our hotel room...


I love this crazy picture...I call it "Lights over Mobile" (heehee). Now we know how they get all those UFO pictures. (HA)....

I bought this sweet little headband-hat at the Cirque Du Soleil show for my little niece. She is always talking about how "stylish" she and other people are, so I knew she just had to have this. It is just too darn cute! I'll post a picture of her modeling it on a later post...


And of course there was time to do some antique shopping! There's always time for that, and look what I dug up...




Can someone please tell me what that silvery tube in the center is for???? It has a spring inside, and the mother of pearl tip on the end moves in and out, like something was supposed to be dispensed from it. I bought it because it was very mysterious and had a date inscribed on the outside of it. It reads,
I.M. 1923.
I know the I.M stands for "Infant Mystics"and that they are a Mobile Mardi Gras crew formed in the late 1800's. And I think the tube-like pendant is some type of party favor they threw from their floats. If anyone else has any ideas about what this could be, feel free to leave me a comment, because I am dying to know what went inside of it!


1 comment:

Christine Wallace said...

I stand corrected!!! A gentlemen emailed me yesterday and told me that the Infant Mystics were actually founded in the mid 1800's and not in the later 1800's (like I had originally thought). Also the tubelike object would have been given as a gift to one of the "IM's" dates to one of their parties or balls, and not thrown from the floats as a parade favor. Very interesting indeed!