Thursday, August 11, 2011

An Enchanted Forest...

Bonjour Mes Amis!!! I am just getting back from a few days off and from one of me and the hubby's favorite places to unwind...the beautiful enchanted forest of the Suwanee River.

Full of old Spanish moss, big, majestic cypress and oak trees...

and the gorgeous, historical Suwanee River, this beautiful place makes for one fantastic getaway.

 It's only 4 hours from our house, so we packed up the kids and threw an overnight bag in the new play toy and headed for some much needed R and R.





We had the whole park to ourselves!!!

...this picture reminds me of ancient ruins.


There were lots of beautiful, wooded golf cart trails to explore...


so much fun was had by all...




...especially when Milo got to practice on his driving skills... 

The picture below was right around sunset. It was just too beautiful for words and was so "magical". Imagine being surrounded by all of these majestic oak trees with the Spanish moss glowing all around you. It really felt like I was in the movie Avatar surrounded by this incredible glowing forest.
Now that I am nice and rested, I am busy working on upcoming new designs . You will see them here first this weekend! I hope everyone finds their special and "magical" place this week, have a great weekend my friends!!!!

2 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty place to relax. Your "kids" are so cute. :D Great pictures - thanks for sharing.

Christine H. said...

Wow, for someone like me who's never been to Florida, this is as exotic as the pyramids in Egypt.