Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sweet Old Tin Types...


Bonjour mes amis!!! Wanted to share with you some of my latest treasure findings....gorgeous, provocative, mysterious, sweet, and fabulous old tin types. These tin types are ultra small (also known as 'gem types') and are just so perfect and a lot of fun to use in jewelry. Here are some of my latest creations using these wonderful old lasting bits of history....



I really thought the lady that is the star of these particular earrings was just so mysterious and beautiful!!!!



...a sweet little young couple, or brother and sister perhaps???





...all dressed up and nothin' to smile about!









...Et Voila!!! Instant Ancestors! You can see more of these cool old people in my 
Etsy shop later this evening. Have a great weekend!!!!


4 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful creations out of some serious looking treasures.:) I know they had to keep very still for a period of time to have a picture taken, but I think I would have had to try and hold at least a tiny smile for a while. :D
Enjoy your evening.
Glenda

Robyn Parrish said...

These are just gorgeous, Christine! I especially love the earrnigs with the pink 'balls'! You continue to amaze me. :) Robyn

Unknown said...

why did they never "smile" for the camera, i wonder?? i just love old tin types.....and i absolutely adore what you've created with them! lovely....

Christine Wallace said...

Thank you ladies so much for your kind words! Michelle, I have a theory on that lack of smiles idea...I think they never smiled because they had no modern medicine and probably were in a lot of pain. I just went through some tooth troubles and my first root canal and I would have never survived it without that wonderful little thing called Ibuprofen! And Midol is simply magical! There would be a lot of frowning going on around my house without those two miracle items! LOL