Sunday, August 21, 2011

European Holiday...

Hallo Freunde! That's German for "hello friends"! wanna know why I'm  
sprechen Deutsch??? Well,  I'm GOING to Europe next month!!!!!
I am so excited I am beside myself! I'm starting out in the beautiful countryside of Germany to visit my sister, brother in-law and sweet little niece.
...and then I will the be traveling here for a few days... 
I'm GOING to London too!!!! My vintage jewelry designer friend is debuting some of her collection of vintage designs for fashion week on the runway! How cool is that, may I ask????? She has invited me to come stay and attend the runway show with her right in the heart of London. Pinch me, I must be dreaming!!!

We plan to do some major antiquing while we are there, and you know me, I will be taking pictures and buying  EVERYTHING antique I can get my hands on! And I'm bringing my video camera too, so I can document everything my camera might miss. So stay tuned my friends, you will see everything I do and see right here on my little ol' blog.


Since planning my trip this week, I have planned to move out some old stuff here laying around my art room. This is so I can make room for more precious jewels to buy in London, and the flea markets of
Belgium and Germany.

Here are some new designs inspired from my upcoming trip....











The piece below is a special order for my friend in Mississippi, Kathleen. She has the most fabulous collection of art noveau jewelry and commissioned me to make her something with the Georgian brooch she provided in the picture below, I LOVE making custom pieces using beautiful focal pieces...



 this is the brooch from her personal collection, isn't it fabulous????



The rest of the necklace are pieces she loved from my collection of baubles...


...and coming to Etsy tonight, a very special piece using an antique Belgian locket I found last year...



..."A Swan's Tale"..... 

Guten Tag meine Freunde... See you next time and thanks for stopping by!
 Stay Tuned, I have some more REALLY exciting news coming soon!!!!!

6 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

How exciting! Take lots and lots of pictures and make notes to share with us. I am really looking forward to hearing all about your trip.
Love what you did with the broach - so pretty.

Unknown said...

oh my...i am sooo jealous! and soo happy for you! wow..you will be perusing German and English FLea markets....and attending a jewelry show? i can only imagine the inspiration you will find! have fun!!

Christine H. said...

Oh, I am overdue for a trip. I admit to being a little envious, because it seems to me that it wasn't that long ago that you had a Europe trip. But I am very happy for you, and I will enjoy it vicariously if you send pictures and descriptions of your adventures. What a great time of year to go!

lorraine said...

Christine,
You live a truly charmed life..what a fabulous inspiration your trip will be. I can hardly wait to see the creative talent you unleash.

Christine Wallace said...

Hello Ladies,
Thank you so much for your comments on my trip.I am trying to take advantage of the travel opportunity while my sister is living there. I know it's a once in a lifetime occurence having a free place to stay in Europe, so making the best of it! Take Care and will share the experience with all of you lovely ladies!!! Wish you could come with me :~))).

Trishia said...

Christine, I can still picture you all wrapped up last winter at the Eiffel Tower. How wonderful you get to go to Europe again and antique shop till you drop -- to replinish your stash:) The runway venture in London sounds very exciting, too! Don't know where you're going in Belgium, but I sure loved Brugges. It's probably like all of Europe -- anyplace is a delight. Bon voyage!