Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Love at First Sight...

It completely took my breath away...I was so in love when I saw it...I didn't even try to haggle with it's seller... At whatever price, it was mine, all mine! Yes, I'm talking about the new love of my life, this stunning masterpiece....

All I know about it is this:  it came from Brazil, was brought to the states by an airline pilot, and is completely drop dead GORGEOUS!!! The craftmanship of this piece is exquisite and whoever made this piece, probably loved butterflies as much as I do! I plan to go back for more of these stunning pieces in the future. The pilot who was selling these had put his entire collection up for sale.
That little red guy in the center is my favorite! He's little, but he is breathtaking! 




Right before I landed that butterfly beauty, I scored some awesome new treasures. If you see anything you like, feel free to leave me a comment. And if you really, really like something you see, we can always design you a lovely new piece of jewelry from it!     Here's some of the new/old bounty I scored yesterday out and about on my regular antiquing excursion. Pssst, if you happen to run into my hubby, please don't 
tell him I've been at it again. 


...Some gorgeous Art Deco pieces that I found!



Look at that sweet little St. Francis shrine. He's the patron saint of animals. If you look real close at the bottom of it  you'll see the silhouette of a dog sitting at his feet. This is a really special piece, and I can't wait to design something with it!

I always scoop up old mother of pearl. Especially pieces that are really old like these beautiful pieces!
Be sure to leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite era or style of jewelry is. I would love to hear your thoughts!







1 comment:

Trishia said...

Christine, The only jewelry I wear is my Art Deco rose gold wedding ring, but IF I did wear necklaces and such -- I'd know where to come! What you do with a bunch of baubles is incredible! And luv those butterflies:) What a lucky find!