Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ready to Create...


Hi everyone! I am back from a few days of driving the southeast and it seems as if that is all hubby and I managed to accomplish on the last few days of our "drive-fest" getaway. It was A LOT of driving, try like, 30 hours of it, and we passed through 5 different states trying to get to our destination. Not lost, just picking up music equipment and transporting it to my hubby's new recording studio he's building in Maggie Valley, North Carolina. The good thing to come out of the trip for me??? ANTIQUING!!! Yes, I got to undergo some antique therapy at one of my favorite little antique spots in North Carolina. 
And here is part of the score....


...I found some exquisite old cameo earrings...


...and an old vintage hand cut citrine gemstone strand...


...and lots of deco and nouveau rhinestone bling...


...and a gorgeous old Edwardian belt buckle...


...and yes, I just had to have that sweet little old doll head! Don't know what I am doing with her yet, but I just fell in love that sweet, sweet face. And check out the "ultimate score" to the left of her head...
Real, vintage, genuine, gorgeous seahorses....LOVE!



I think all of that driving and riding stirred my creativity because I have managed to create a little upon returning...


You know me and those old lockets! I have to fill them with something...so I filled it using an old prayer card image that was in a box of vintage goodies I bought last year from Petite Michelle Louise, (she has an awesome selection of vintage French ephemera and religious memorabilia). I also added vintage silk and a vintage holy medal for an extra surprise inside.





I've always loved antique St. George and the Dragon medals. Here's a necklace I just finished that features a gorgeous old detailed one...







And finally, I just have to share these pictures I snapped of this really cute automobile we passed on the interstate coming home from our trip...






...check out Miss Barbie and her hair blowing in the wind!

Seeing this on the way home gave me such a great laugh right when I needed it most. That last leg of our grand southeast tour was about ready to get the best of me!


Okay, off to work on some special orders!The new necklaces are coming to Etsy tonight! New earrings and holy medal bracelets coming mid week. Take care, and see you back here in a few days everyone.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

You have me drooling again. OMG that locket image is PERFECT. Your finds are so gorgeous, Christine. I know you paid a price in more ways than one to get them but your are home now and looks like you are creating away.

I hate long driving trips but they are so necessary. Glad you are home safe and happy!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I would have liked the shopping for vintage/antique bling, but not the long road trip. Looks like you got some real treasures. The 30 hours on the road would have done me in. :D

Anonymous said...

All the vintage finds are beautiful, can't wait to see what you create. Even a little break is so good for the soul. Glad you're home safely and will look forward to the new pieces.

Theresa

Unknown said...

i just about fell off my chair when i read your comment on my fleur-de-lys hinge necklaces!! oh my..coming from you...THE most exquisite and talented vintage jewelry designer EVER! wow...made my night mon amie!! ;) truly. and "merci" for the nod in this post. so sweet of you. i am humbled!

Unknown said...

This is nice post.I loved it.........!



Thanks for more sharing......






Lampwork glass beads

Lampwork glass beads

Lampwork glass beads