Sunday, June 24, 2018

A Lover's Eye...


Hello blog friends! I've been staying busy this past week designing a new collection of Georgian Era inspired Lover's Eye pieces....and I have to admit, this collection was so much FUN!
For those of you not familiar with Lover's Eye jewelry...these were pieces of jewelry designed and created during the 1700's for sentimental reasons of spouses, loved ones, or children and were worn as brooches, pendants, lockets and rings to commemorate or celebrate that special loved one. The elaborately painted eye also symbolized the watching over of the wearer by the eye of whom the piece was depicted of. They were usually always hand painted on wafer thin ivory in watercolor by very the talented artists of the day. There is so much symbolism in this antique style of jewelry which makes it so very special and coveted. I have 
now re-created some pieces in my latest collection at some obtainable and affordable prices.
Here's a sneak peek...












Most of these pieces will be available in my Etsy shop later today...
Some have already been spoken for so if something catches your "eye" feel free to reach out to me and check on it earlier than my shop update!
And coming up next weekend....some Lover's Eye necklaces and maybe a ring or too!
See you soon!

No comments: