Saturday, April 27, 2013

Remodel Fun....

 
 
Just in case you were wondering how that remodel project was going....

 
Remodeling my guest bathroom, has been to say the very least, daunting! I never thought in a million years that such a small little space could cause so much anguish. When the hubby and I bought our house 15 years ago we had the intentions of 'flipping' it and not actually living in it. So, we let 'Builder Bob' pick out everything. Every tacky thing! Yes, my friends, it is safe to say, that he did not "pull out all the stops" while designing our house and now I am feeling the full repercussions of this decision. From the faux marble top vanity, all the way up to the elaborate popcorn ceilings. ( and I use the word 'elaborate' loosely). So after years of staring at this hideous set up and finally becoming fed-up, I am tackling this remodel myself and picking out the pieces, colors, and elements I personally love, one room at a time.
This guest bathroom project has been a very slow go. Have you ever started a big project and during that process several more projects unfold before your very eyes? Well, that is lucky me on this one!  The walls had to be sanded and repainted several times due to wallpaper glue and flaky drywall. Another downer,  I found out yesterday my new marble top vanity is going to take at least 2 weeks to finish. Yikes! I am losing my mind in all of this chaos! I just have to keep telling myself, the reward in the end will be a beautiful polished 'French Provencial' bathroom and that it will be worth all of the million little headaches suffered during the remodel process.
Take a look at my madness...


 
 
 
 
...my new color...French Grey...


 
 
...still working on it folks, but I will keep you filled in on the design process as it unfolds.
 
 
I did manage to squeeze in a few new designs this week during all of the remodel anguish...




 

 

 
 
 
 


 
 
 

 



 
These pieces coming to my Etsy shop Sunday and Monday. Thanks for stopping by this week, and please come back for my next post. I will feature my absolute FAVE furniture designer and his local shop that we are so blessed to have here in my hometown. He calls his designs French Coastal Chic and you will be blown away by his work! Au Revoir my friends!!!

2 comments:

Francesca said...

Love the one of St. Bernadette at the grotto. One of my top favorite Saints!

Angara Jewelry said...

Lots of good luck and wishes for that remodeling thing. Those vintage baubles are so gorgeous!!! Love the charm pendants and necklaces.