Thursday, December 8, 2011

Less is More...

Every once in a while, 'less is more' so I have been busy, busy, busy lately creating these sweet, simple designs using some gorgeous old Victorian treasures. I just ADORE the details of old elegant Victorian pieces and feel that sometimes they need nothing more than just a beautiful chain to accent them. These sweet simple, timeless little Victorian sweethearts will be coming to my Etsy store this evening...


the inspiration...
Remember the piece I showed you from last week? Well, I added the old onyx brooch to a simple old gold-filled chain and 'voila'... a simple, and elegant Victorian stunner. Less is definitely more in this necklace's design!





I left the pin back on this piece. I have a feeling this old Victorian brooch is 14 karat with tiny little diamonds in the flower's centers, so I felt like it should be left in it's original condition. I accented the chain with tiny French cut steel beads. I really love the color combination of steel and gold!!! Very STRIKING!!!


An old Victorian bog oak morning piece....
...accented with black onyx and really old sterling chain.






and some new earrings for Etsy....








Also, for those hard to buy for jewelry lovers...

....gift certificates are now available in my Etsy shop!

Au Revoir my friends, hope your holiday season is coming along nicely!!!
Hope to see you back here this weekend!

3 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful! You are right - Sometimes less is more.
I posted earlier today about one of our fellow bloggers - if you get a chance stop by and click on the link. She needs our positive thoughts and prayers.
Enjoy your evening

Carol @ A Bird in Hand said...

I love these new pieces...great for layering too. I am truly inspired by your work and have a favor to ask. Please check out my latest post to read about how I am lamenting over the rosaries. I would truly value your input.
Many thanks!!!! Carol

Carol @ A Bird in Hand said...

Me again....I LOVE the two pair if earrings you show in your post. Are they the custom pieces you refer to in your shop and therefore not available?

Thanks again...Carol