Sunday, May 6, 2012

Faces of Time...

I must confess.....
I have a new obsession going on. I am talking about a passion of epic proportions.... I am just in LOVE with vintage watch faces and their dazzling little jeweled movements. I have found myself pouring over these little petite time machines as of late. The gorgeous details that are portrayed in their sweet faces, the exquisite tiny little gear mechanisms, and their beautiful ruby jeweled bodies are just....well...beyond amazing. So this week I began incorporating these little beauties into my designs and here is what has transpired from playing with these little old timepieces...










And check out this little lady...


....she's an old Art Deco stick pin that I placed inside an empty watch container along with some old red velvet.


...the fascinating thing about this detailed old stick pin is the detail in her face! At three different angles she appears to have three different expressions. Now how cool is that? Wow, they thought of everything back in the old days of jewelry design!




...and my new most favorite earrings to date...little rhinestone bees with old Bulova watches as their bodies. These are sure gonna be hard to let fly away!!!


You can see more pictures of these sweet "faces" later tonight at Etsy
Take care everyone and hope your week is full of  fun, creative bliss!!!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

timeless elegance...beyond gorgeous....just lovely christine. what can i say? you never fail to totally blow me away with your stunning creations!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

The antique/vintage watches always have so much more style/character to them. Love your creations.
Thanks for stopping by. The pic of the messy table is calm compared to the way it looks most of the time. Windows? What windows ?!? :-D
Have a great week!
Glenda

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE your work! It's so unique and admirable. So glad to see a jewelry artist do real justice vintage pieces...it's a rarity to see. - Rania

Christine Wallace said...

What awesome compliments from you sweet ladies!!! I thank you so much for them, they have made me a little misty-eyed. Thanks for stopping by!
Christine

Rhonda said...

You have created the most gorgeous pieces with these watch faces, Christine. You take vintage pieces and they come back to life.