Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Little Birdy Told Me...

I was sitting at my jewelers bench yesterday and I just couldn't get in the jewelry making mode. I sat and I sat playing in my dishes of trinkets trying to get some inspiration. I started to look around the room for something to spark that creative flame, and low and behold it happened! Birds!!! I never realized how many birds surrounded me in my makeshift studio (bedroom) until yesterday. So I gathered a few of them up and snapped some pictures. As of late, photography has also been an inspiration and this combination of photos with birds really got the creative mood going....


sweet lttle antique French Limoge porcelain bird dish to store my paste bracelets...
                  

 old brass birds hanging on my wall...

My favorite antique "birdbath" alabastor bowl....





My adorable vintage birdcage I hope to fill with singing finches for my soon to be art studio...


A European, sky blue French enamel bird pin, circa 1920's...

Some new bird inspired designs that followed...

...coming to Etsy this evening...



Sometimes there is so much inspiration in the little everyday things that surround us...and to find it, all we need  to do is stop for a minute to observe and appreciate what is around us!!!




4 comments:

Trishia said...

Beautiful post, Christine! I LOVE birds. Always keep an eye on them out at the feeders in between working at the computer....Your bird cage -- oh, what a delight to have your own singing troubadors:)

Christine H. said...

Oooh, that blue enamel bird pin! Wow. All are beautiful, but especially that one.

I still need to download that app you told me about...the photo booth one. And, because of you, I have pierced ears now - as of two weeks ago. I've been meaning to do it for awhile, but those beautiful earrings from you were the inspiration I needed . Thanks again.

thefrenchcircus said...

So true about just looking around us for inspiration. Thank you for sharing your creative process... beautiful photos and ideas, as always! You continue to inspire me! :) Robyn

Beetique said...

Love you birds! I also like that thing you have your earrings hanging from for your pictures.