Friday, June 22, 2012

English Treasures

I have been so excited lately about my upcoming trip to England, I decided to dig out some of my treasures from last year's trip and get down to business designing some new, one of a kind pieces. These pieces are so inspired by England, I am calling them my "English Treasures" Collection. The star of the collection is this sweet little nineteenth century lithograph tape measure that I have accented with old rhinestones and a fabulous old filigree belt buckle for the necklace clasp...


...the tape measure is so exquisite, it has a different and beautiful lithograph on each side!





And then there was this gorgeous sterling silver watch fob I found...


...in which I thought paired so well with my vintage lace and sterling Jeanne collage watch pendant...


...there are lots of beautiful and fun details in this necklace!








I had also found this gorgeous old enamel Victorian cameo...




...it has a very special secret compartment on the reverse side...
















...and look at this beautifully carved Victorian bird bath brooch. Isn't it just divine!!! It reminds me of a beautiful English garden with all of its detailed floral carvings...








You can see and read more about each of these pieces at my Etsy shop tonight and tomorrow!
Have a beautiful weekend my friends!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

your creations always take my breath away Christine. truly...breathless! ;) (enjoy England....can't wait to see what your "english muse" inspires you to create when you return!)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I think I always drool when I click on your blog and see what you have been creating lately! :-D
I envy you going on your trip to England. So looking forward to reading all about it and seeing what treasures you bring back. Take lots of pictures and make lots of notes to write about it all.
Enjoy your weekend.
Glenda

Rhonda said...

I enjoyed each image, Christine. So beautifully displayed, each piece so special. Visiting your blog is like a vintage trip to England's shops.

Arunincy said...

Beautiful collections of historic jewelry,love it so much.....

Maggie Zee said...

So so beautiful. Can't wait to see how your visit inspires you.

Christine Wallace said...

Thank you all for your kind and most encouraging comments about my work! Hearing those words keeps me so inspired to create, and I so thank you for that!
Christine