Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring is Near...

After a long and unusually cold winter for us Florida folks I looked up in the sky yesterday and got a touch of Spring Fever! Yes, spring is in the air down here in the panhandle of Florida, and there is nothing like a little bit of that 'fever' to get the creative ideas flowing.
My backyard japanese cherry blossom tree is in the beginning stages of it's budding...


...Pierre, my little fountain angel has thawed out and has a smile from ear to ear...

...and my Spring designs are in full force. A style of earrings that I will be posting this evening on Etsy and that everyone is seeming to LOVE these days, are my vintage chain earrings. I love taking bits of old vintage chains and swinging them from old antique earring pieces, like the vintage filagree cannetille ones below...


These earrings epitomize vintage elegance with their multiple layers of chains and rhinestones. They are not too over-the-top because of their muted gunmetal shades and really feminine chain.


 Below is another really fun piece that spilled out of my creations this week...

The "French Lourdes and Rhinestone Tassel Necklace"turned out just gorgeous and is a hard one not to keep for myself. I was lucky enough to find a beautiful old rhinestone tassel with a matching vintage rhinestone clasp. Now that is LUCKY! (thank you jewelry gods!) And I fell in love with the pretty little fleur de lis Lourdes pin from France that I fastened to an old art deco rhinestone buckle....



I hope Spring is near where you live, and that it inspires you too in all of the marvelous ways that it has me...
Au Revoir until next post!

2 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very Pretty!
We had warmer temps off and on the last couple of weeks, but back down to 54 today.
Enjoy your evening.

Toyin O. said...

These are gorgeous earrings:)