Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Happy Place With An Extraordinary Bonus...

 
I am just getting back from one of my favorite places on the planet...the Suwanee River's beautiful music and camping park, "Spirit of the Suwannee".  Hubby and I go every year to this incredibly beautiful place to relax, camp, and listen to some brilliant bluegrass musicians. This year was the 'best of the best' line up, starring Emmylou Harris and Bonnie Raitt. It was quite an AMAZING show, to say the least!  And I am pretty sure my husband fell completely in love with Bonnie.
 
 
 
...the 2012 Lineup....
 
 
 
...one of the bluegrass bands, doin' their thing...

 
 
...a hula hoop dancer in the amphitheater...

 
 
...the extraordinarily talented Bonnie and her band....


 
 
...the boys making some 'grass angels'....

 
 
 
...one of the campground's permanent residents. Isn't he cute in a scary kinda way?

 
 
 
...our campsite neighbors having a baptismal ceremony in the Suwanee...

 
 
What a perfectly great place to profess your faith to God!

 
 
And upon my return from 'recharging my batteries'...I've been busy, busy, busy with some new pieces coming to Etsy soon...


 
Stay tuned, I have lots more pieces coming this weekend!!! And I will announce the winner of my earring giveaway too.  For all that haven't entered...it's still not too late, become a follower of my blog and leave me a comment and you will automatically be entered in the drawing. Take care everyone and see you back here this weekend!


5 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Bet y'all had a good time!. You have been busy with great results. Hope to get my supplies back out in next couple of days.

Rhonda said...

I adore it, you are relaxing and enjoying yourself! That's what life is about, work and make time to relax.

Did ya take the boyz??

Pam said...

Hi Christine. Love the baptism photo's, so serene and peaceful! What a mega concert full of alot of my favs, like Bonnie Raitt. She is my all time favorite artist. xo's Pam

Colleen said...

Bonnie AND Cope in the same weekend? You couldn't ask for more!

CraftyHope said...

I really need to get down to that park sometime. We have friends that have been over there for other music events and LOVE the park. Thank you for sharing your photos. It does look like the perfect place to re-charge.