Sunday, November 7, 2010

Etsy Goodies...

It's always so fun and exciting to buy something online from a fellow artisan. You see it, paypal it, dream about what it's gonna look like, and then you receive it! And when you get it and it exceeds all of your expectations and then some, you wanna show it off to everyone! Well here is my latest little treasure I purchased off of Etsy (yes, not only am I addcted to antiques, but I'm an Etsy addict too!)...

Isn't it Beautiful???? It's a flannel and lace scarflette by Ms. Dollybelle Atelier. Go here if you've just got to have one for this winter season:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/dollybelle?ref=seller_info. She sells the most adorable handcrafted pieces of jewelry, scarves, and French inspired accessories, and really has great style!


Eat your heart out Prince, I finally got me one!

The little scarflette came packaged so pretty in that floral pink and turquoise paper with beautiful  ribbons attached. She even sent me a pretty handwritten note on that gorgeous little card pictured to the left.
Go check out her Etsy store if you have time, she has tons of fabulous goodies there!



My sweet friend Kathleen, the art deco wedding planner extraordinaire, commissioned me to make her a French cut steel bracelet using this buckle she had found on one of her antiquing excursions. I love taking a special piece of someone else's collection and making something custom just for them! I used lots of pretty vintage rhinestones, an old cameo locket, and some art nouveau findings to accent her piece. Do you have something special or sentimental that you would like to wear????




The little bronzed cupid serves as a clasp. He is simply precious!



Some new earrings in my Etsy store. Since my first pair of St. Anne earrings sold almost instantly, I decided to make another pair using these great old mercury glass medals. They are really, really hard to find and I was lucky enough to find two! Well actually my Aunt Marsha from Maryland found one of the medals at one of her local auctions and I stumbled on the other from an antique dealer on Etsy. (yes, I know, more money I spent on Etsy, I'm telling you guys, I just can't stop buying stuff!) Seriously though, I doubt very seriously I will ever find another pair of these beauties again. A perfect mixture of luck, prayers, and divine intervention must occur in order for this miracle to happen again.




This is the French Crucifix Buckle Bracelet, currently for sale in my Etsy store. I wanted to list another because the buckle bracelet of the week for last week sold out fast. So here is another really pretty and special piece. The bronzed crucifix along with the old French beaded buckle really make this piece one of a kind. Be sure to stop by my Etsy store in the near future because I am running a special of FREE SHIPPING until Christmas, and there are several things on sale...go here if you want to take a peek:



No comments: