Thursday, November 25, 2010

Beautiful Trier...

The grand entrance to downtown Trier...
...the Porta Nigra, an old Roman fortress. Trier is the oldest city in Germany, dating way back to the Roman times. This beautiful town is truly a historical landmark!



We had great food from the outdoor village vendors.
Delicious galettes with homemade applesauce for dipping...

Marinated mushrooms topped with a delicious cream sauce...the ultimate comfort food!

 My hubby eating a traditional bratwurst...

 Ahhh....dessert! My cute niece's favorite part of our German fare grazing.


All the architecture was so darn beautiful, right down to the corners of the buildings!


Dom Cathedral...Breathtakingly beautiful!



My hubby, the musician, really appreciated the largest church pipe organ we had ever seen...

Beautiful statues at the Bascillica...


The streets of Trier at night..

look what I found at the prettiest little antique store right near the Bascillica...
...beautiful old rosaries with brown wooden beads and pretty crosses. The rosary on the left has an old medal from Trier attatched to it, which I thought made it a perfect memento of our trip!  

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my beautiful blog friends! Thank you for your visits and comments and I hope you have a day filled with great food, beautiful memories, and cherished loved ones!

3 comments:

Christine H. said...

Oh, you did find some treasure. I was really thinking about the food, but also the crucifixes. And, oh this beautiful buildings.

Trishia said...

Christine, I was just dropping in to see how your trip was going. Very well, I see! I'm sure I'm prejudiced, but I think Europe is just so unique and so beautiful. Europe makes OLD look good:) So happy for you and thanks for taking time to share these pics amid all your fun. One request: quit making me hungry!ha!

Anonymous said...

Nice pics Christine!