Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Hometown Visit

Well, I made it through my husbands 30th high school reunion alive and well. It actually wasn't as frightening as I had made it out to be. It was full of high school memories, kind people, and recollections of a beautiful small southern town. My husband is from Laurel, Mississippi and it is still full of charm and southern hospitality. That is what I found out when we went to this reunion and it has inspired me to write on my blog about it. It was like visiting a place frozen in time, a place where people used to tip their hat when they saw you or held a door for you when entering or leaving a building. Unfortunately, things have changed there, I guess they do in everyone's hometown. It was still great to go back and visit with old friends and reminisce about the good old days. Although I do not have lifelong memories there like those of my husband, I still have 16 years worth of good times and friendships that I have cultivated in that little town. I did actually get some pictures this time, and I hope that they evoke some memories of your small town or where you may have made your memories growing up...

No comments: