Friday, September 10, 2010

The Good Old Days

I was at Antiques on Holiday putting some new pieces in my case today and I wandered off to the upsatirs floor of the store (to shop of course) and I found this dealer who has all these fabulous old postcards...
well 2 hours later I scored these oldies...

These are all old postcards from the area where I live. From Pensacola to Panama City.

The postcard above is Panama City Beach back in the 1950's maybe 1960's. We had lots of fun here when we were kids. We even had a large family reunion here back in the 70's right smack dab on the beach. Talk about fun!!!



and my favorite postcard find of the day...

I actually remember going to the beach as a kid, and this many people being on the beach at any given time. Not anymore! I also remember seeing large numbers of fish, manta rays, and dolphins  from the shore. It wasn't uncommon back in the day to see school after school of manta rays swimming so close to the shore that you could literally reach in and touch them!  It's still beautiful today, but I remember it being so much more sublime, serene and breathtaking 30 years ago.

I also found this little gem of a postcard...

It's Monte Carlo in the 1920's!!! Isn't it gorgeous? Notice the train rolling across the inlet? It makes me
want to go there...

Here is the message that was on the back... The only thing I could make out was that whoever sent this was having a great time. See if you can decipher what they are writing...

Do you have a great memory of a special travel from long ago???




No comments: