Friday, October 1, 2010

Finally A Night Out!



Hubby and I finally had a night out on the town with some great friends the other night. We went to go see an American Icon play in concert. I'm talking about the incomparable Neil Young. He was absolutely fabulous and I am so glad that I was able to break away from my super busy schedule this week to go and see him. It's always so inspiring and motivating to see other artists create and perform. It made me want to run home and design something. The concert was held at this beautiful old theater in Pensacola, called
 "The Saenger". This theater is steeped in history and many of legends have graced it's beautiful stage. Those are the pictures above of this incredible concert venue.

I apologize for the picture not being the greatest, but my little Casio camera just doesn't do well in dark places and from far off distances. Christmas is right around the corner, and I hope Santa can find it in his heart to bring me a 35mm camera. Pssst, Santa if your listening, the Nikon D3000 with a telephoto lens is what I'm dreaming about!

Our longtime and great friends John and Paula. Aren't they just gorgeous??? They look like they just stepped out of a JC Penny catalogue!


This was a really cool little music club right across the street from the Saenger Theater. I just loved the architecture of this building. It reminds me of 1940's Hollywood.


John standing outside Neil Young's 1960's Silver Eagle Tour Bus. John is the ultimate Neil Young fan, he was so moved by Neil's performance I think I saw him cry during the show.


Happy Fun Times!!!!


Me being silly. Being silly feels good and it's really good for the soul!!!




No comments: